Thursday, November 12, 2009




I am a die-hard Philadelphia Phillies fan, and this years World Series was unlike one I have ever seen, and I am not talking about the baseball playing. This year's World Series became a stage for celebrities and athletes alike. Game one of the Phillies v. Yankees was the highest watched World Series game in five years, and Fox had the highest ratings every night there was a game on.
The thing that stood out in my mind the most, however, was the performance at the new Yankees Stadium by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys, of "Empire State of Mind". Not only was it a great performance, it was almost unreal watching such huge artists perform at a World Series game. It reminded my of a half-time show at the Super Bowl. I thought it was great publicity for the actual baseball aspect of the World Series though, and wouldn't mind if every year was treated the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment