Friday, September 25, 2009

I didn't get a cell phone until I was a Sophomore in high school. I now have a blackberry and truly believe that I cannot live without it. My little sister who is 9 has been asking my parents for a cell phone for a couple months now. It is crazy how quickly times change, and technology takes over.
In high school if you were caught with your cell phone during the school day there was a good chance you would be in a lot of trouble. The high school where my brother goes allows them to keep their cell phones in their pockets in case of an emergency. What happened during an emergency before the students were allowed to have their cell phones with them?
Would my parents be crazy to give my 9 year old sister a cell phone? Or would it seem normal to most people? At this point I don't know what I really think about the whole situation. I actually don't think I would find it that strange if my sister was walking around with a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment